TDI Instructor Package
50,000 BAHT / 6 Day Program
This program is designed for an experienced dive instructor and passionate technical diver who wants to challenge themselves to join the ranks of some the top technical diving instructors in the world?
TDI is the most respected Technical diving agency in the world, and to become a TDI Instructor is what a lot of divers around the world aspire to.
Starting at the entry levels, you will learn the fundamentals skills, requirements and be evaluated on proper techniques for conducting technical diver courses. As you gain teaching and diving experience, you will qualify to enter higher level instructor programs.
This course will focus on the entry level Technical instructor programs that TDI offer. TDI Sidemount. TDI Advanced Nitrox and TDI Decompression Procedures.
As Instructors at these levels, once you certify a certain number of students, you then qualify for the next Instructor level after another workshop with your TDI Instructor Trainer Jeff Glenn.
- Minimum age 18
- Certified diver for the program they wish to teach
- Provide proof of 100 logged dives completed in a number of different environments with varying depths
- Provide proof of a minimum number of dives or hours underwater depending on the specific course
- Certified as an SDI Instructor or the equivalent
- Hold a current CPR and first aid certification (i.e. current and valid CPROX1st certification)
- Current medical examination signed by a licensed physician for diving
- Possess the minimum instructional equipment as defined in the leadership standards
*NOTE: This is a very generic outline of TDI Instructor program prerequisites. As there are many different TDI Programs, the prerequisites will vary.
What you can expect to learn:
The objective of this program is to:
- Introduce the instructor candidate to TDI
- Introduce the candidate to all of the programs they will be qualified to teach
- Introduce the candidate to all of the instructor materials and student materials for those programs they will be teaching
- Demonstrate how to use all of the support materials to teach those programs
- Teach the instructor “How to Conduct” each of those programs, listing helpful hints on “How to teach” academics as well as possible problems they may experience in the pool/confined water and open water sessions and ways to handle those problems
- Demonstrate how to register and certify TDI Divers and Leadership levels
The topics to be covered are:
– Welcome and Course Orientation
– The TDI Instructor
– Dive Leader Risk Management
– Methods of Instruction
– Business Side of Diving
– How to conduct the specific TDI Diver Course including:
– Classroom requirements
– Pool/confined water requirements
– Open Water requirements
– Required materials
– Required paperwork
– How to use the TDI Instructor Guide and Standards and Procedures Manual
– Required Skill Performance and Graduation Requirements
The instructor candidate will be evaluated on their knowledge and ability to teach each required subjects and diving skills for the specific course. Specific requirements vary based on the level of instructor course.
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may conduct diver level courses at the level for which they have been evaluated. Not only is it a chance to further your skill set as a dive educator but as a respected TDI instructor, it’s a sure way to increase your employability in the dive industry.
Instructor candidates will be expected to own their own set of Technical dive equipment. Anything the candidate does not have, can be attained thru our retail center at a dive pro discount.
TDI Sidemount Instructor
The TDI Sidemount Instructor course provides the training required to competently and safely introduce students to the world of technical sidemount diving. The objective of this course is to train instructors to familiarize students with technical sidemount equipment configurations as an alternative to traditional back-mounted configuration. The TDI Sidemount Instructor course can be combined with...
TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor
The TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor Course qualifies Nitrox Instructors to teach the use of enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through 100% oxygen to a depth of 40 meters/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures Instructor course, this can be considered the first...
TDI Deco Procedures Instructor
The TDI Deco Procedures Instructor course examines the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving. This program is designed as a stand-alone course or it may be taught in conjunction with such TDI courses as TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor or TDI Extended Range Instructor. The objective of this course is to train instructors...