PADI Tec Trimix Diver
For the extreme diver ready to further explore the world of technical deep diving, the gas of choice is trimix – a blend of oxygen, helium and nitrogen.
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course takes you to the outer edges of technical deep diving, opening the door to pristine dive sites few divers – if any – ever see.
The course builds upon the fundamentals of technical diving learned in the ‘Tec Deep’ course and further trains students in the planning, motor skills and emergency contingency procedures required for technical trimix diving.
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres/165 feet. Diving with trimix is the outer edge of tec diving – the maximum depth for using this technology has yet to be defined.
This course is for Tec 50/Tec Deep or Tec Trimix 65 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
Academic knowledge is developed by independent study from the student diver ‘Trimix’ manual and ‘Tec Deep’ manual where appropriate and application through briefings, practical sessions, dive planning and completed knowledge reviews and tests. This course can be completed in 6 days.
To enroll in the PADI Tec Trimix Diver you must
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years)
- Be certified as a Tec 50/Tec Deep or Tec Trimix 65 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 150 dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
What will I do?
You will –
- Plan and execute between three to eight dives (depending upon whether you enter the course as a Tec 50/Tec Deep or Tec Trimix 65 diver) using EANX and trimix blends
- Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
- Make training dives as deep as 90 metres/300feet
Discuss Topics including:
- *Trimix diving depth ranges
- Exposure planning
- Selecting a mix
- Argon inflation systems
- Handling three or four decompression cylinders
- Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Face masks and multi-gas computers.
- DSAT Tec Trimix Diver Crew- Pak
- The Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials, including: manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and emergency procedures slate.