PADI Tec Trimix 65 Diver
This course opens up the advantages of Trimix to the diver by allowing multi-stop decompression dives that employ EANx and Oxygen for accelerated decompression, and any trimix with an Oxygen content of 18% or more.
The diver can extend their range to a maximum of 65 metres.
The PADI Tec Trimix 65 course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres /165 feet.
This course is for Tec 50 divers (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization).
The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
Academic knowledge is developed by independent study of the student diver ‘Trimix’ manual and ‘Tec Deep’ manual where appropriate and application through briefings, practical sessions, dive planning and completed knowledge reviews and tests.
The course can be completed in 4 days.
To enroll in the PADI Tec Trimix 65 Diver you must
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training within the previous two years).
- Be certified as a Tec 50 /Tec Deep (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 100 dives Have a medical form signed by your physician.
What will I do?
You will –
- Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
- Make training dives as deep as 65 metres/210 feet
- Make 1 water skills assessment dive and 4 open water training dives using EANx and trimix blends.
- If desired, students with the ‘PADI Tec Deep’ certification already, can do the full Tec Trimix Diver course by completing 6 open water training dives.
Discuss Topics including:
- Trimix diving depth ranges
- Exposure planning
- Selecting a mix
- Argon inflation systems
- Handling three or four decompression cylinders
- Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Face masks and multi-gas computers.
- DSAT Tec Trimix Diver Crew- Pak
- The Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials, including: manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and emergency procedures slate.