PADI Tec Deep Instructor
If you’re serious about becoming a technical instructor and joining the ranks of PADI Technical instructors, the Tec Deep Diver Instructor course is an obvious choice.
The PADI Tec Deep Instructor Course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving instruction.
The Tec Deep Instructor course prepares candidates to
- Teach the PADI Tec Basics course
- Teach the PADI Tec 40 course
- Teach the PADI Tec 45 course
- Teach the PADI Tec 50 course
- Teach the complete PADI Tec Deep Diver course
It will also address the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, equipment needs and promotion of technical diver training. The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course can take approximately one week.
Go-Pro Asia’s PADI Tec Deep Instructor trainer will guide you through all the materials for the program and the standards and procedures for conducting the course.
The final part of your Instructor training course involves you evaluating peer students in training and passing an Instructor theory and standards exam.
To enroll in the PADI Tec Deep Instructor Training course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating).
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor training course.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor training course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet.
Upon successfully completing the Tec Deep Instructor training course, before sending your application to PADI, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
- Be certified as a PADI Tec 50 diver, or have an equivalent certification.
- Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 course or one Tec 45 course.
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25-stage decompression dives that had a maximum depth deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Have certified a total of ten or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers. Any combination that totals ten is acceptable.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor Standards Exam and Tec Deep Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam.
- Meet the peer review water-skills requirements listed on the Tec Deep Instructor Application through the attesting signature of a Tec Deep Instructor, or a PADI Instructor with a qualifying rating from another training organization.
- Minimum age 18 years
Note that PADI Tec Deep Diver is not required. If you are not certified as a Tec Deep Diver (or equivalent), then the Tec Deep Instructor training course must include the entire Tec Deep Diver course or Tec 40/45/50 Diver courses.
What will I do?
- All Tec Equipment needed including Twin sets and deco tanks
- Weights, belts.
- Gases (Air, EANx)
- All Dives, Pool and classroom sessions
- Any transportation needed
- Unlimited diving for life
You will need to have wrist mounted depth gauges and timer, mask, fins and wetsuit.
- Tec Deep Student Manual – (from Diver Level Training)
- Tec Deep Instructor Guide – (Inclusive in course price)
- Tec Deep Instructor cue slates (wetnotes) – (Available for Purchase)
- Tec Deep Exam booklet – (Available for Purchase)
- Tec 40/45/50 exam Booklet – (Available for Purchase)
We can also arrange the PADI Tec Trimix Instructor course immediately after the Tec Deep Instructor program, for convenience and as soon as post-requisites are met you will autmoatically be able to apply to become a PADI Tec Trimix Instructor and offer comprehensive technical diver training.
Technical Diving is not for everyone but to those who are passionate about this specialized area of diving the rewards and career opportunities that come with this training are worth the effort.
ADDITIONAL FEES ONTOP OF COURSE BOOKING BELOW:
These are payable ontop of the course fee.
Paid directly via credit card to PADI
PADI Tec Deep Instructor
Application Fee – $152 AUD
This is for Divers already PADI Tec Deep Certified or divers holding an equivalent technical diving certification from another technical diving agency. The Tec Deep Instructor courses costs 60,000 baht.
For Recreational Divers with NO Technical Diving certification or experience. The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course (including Tec 40, Tec 45, Tec 50 diver level courses) the course costs 100,000 baht. Please add the course to the cart and note your diving experience on the checkout form.