- home /
- Courses /
- Go Tec Rec /
- PADI Tec Basics Course
PADI Tec Basics Course
If you’re interested in technical diving, but haven’t yet met the prerequisites for the PADI Tec Deep Diver course, you can consider enrolling in the PADI Tec Basics course. It is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and consists of the first three dives.
Because you can do one of these dives in confined water (such as a swimming pool), many divers start the Tec 40 courses in the winter months, ready to continue in open water when spring arrives.
This course course takes you past recreational diving and immerses you in the world of technical diving.
Configure and wear tec diving gear in the standard configuration
Practice basic tec diving planning, procedures and skills
Execute simulated decompression dives and respond to simulated emergencies
Since it’s part of the Tec Deep Diver course, your Tec Basics course training credits toward the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
To enroll in the PADI Tec Basics Course Training course, you must
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least
- 10 dives must be on enriched air
- 12 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
What will I do?
- You use basic tec diving equipment
- Tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
* The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your Tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.