PADI Tec 45
Do you wish to extend your bottom time with longer deeper dives? The Tec 45 course allows you this opportunity to explore deeper, by accelerating your decompression on your accent. So if your excited about technical diving, but haven’t met the full prerequisites for the DSAT Tec Deep Diver Course, or you wish to further your depth limits beyond that of Tec 40 diver, you can consider continuing your technical education onto the Tec 45 course, or, if your not already a technical diver, then we can combine the tec40/45 courses. These 2 programs are also a subcourse of the full PADI DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
The Tec 45 objective being to further develop the diver with an end goal of making fully accelerated decompression dives using Nitrox and or oxygen to a maximum depth of 45 metres. Training is now taken a step further with additional motor skills and planning methods discussed.
If you already hold the PADI DSAT Tec 40 certification (or equivalent) takes 2 days of diving, or we can offer the PADI DSAT Tec 40/45 combined courses in 5 days.
This course is a sub-course of the Tec Deep Diver course and builds on the training, dive planning and technical motor skills learned in the Tec 40 course and allows the diver to make gas switch decompression dives to 145ft/45 meters using air and enriched air (up to 50% oxygen) for conservatism or to accelerate decompression, with no time restrictions on the amount of decompression time you can build up.
The divers will learn the importance of working in a team for both dive planning and execution, with emphasis placed on providing the tools required to execute technical dives safely by preparing for and responding to reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of diving.
The training you will receive through this process will provide the fundamental skills and knowledge for you to progress successfully onto the Tec 50 course or completing the entire Tec Deep Diver program.
To enroll in the PADI Tec 45 you must
- Be a PADI Advanced Open water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least – 12 dives made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18metres/60feet – 6 dives (with or without EANx) dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Hold the Tec 40 certification or we can integrate Tec 40/Tec 45 as one course
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by your physician.
What will I do?
You’ll learn to make gas switch, extended no-decompression dives using air and enriched air to 45 meters/145 feet. In addition to the motor skills performed on the Tec 40 course you’ll also learn;
- Staging and retrieving 2 decompression tanks
- Out of air gas sharing whilst swimming exercise
You’ll also prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Since it’s part of the Tec Deep Diver course, your PADI DSAT Tec 40/45 course training credits toward the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
Tec Deep Student Crew-Pak, which includes student manual, planning slate and checklist slate.