PADI Instructor Examination
After successfully completing your PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) with us, you are ready to attend a PADI Instructor Examination (IE). The PADI IE is designed to evaluate your readiness, knowledge and skills to earn your PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor rating before you start conducting PADI courses in the real world.
During this two and a half day program PADI Instructor Examiners from PADI International offices will screen and evaluate your diving skills, teaching presentations for knowledge development, confined water and open water. You will also demonstrate that you have a good understanding in dive theory, the PADI System/Standards and Procedure.
Your attitude and professionalism will also be evaluated.
According to our past PADI IDC candidates, the PADI IE is the easiest part in the whole instructor-training process. You just have to do what you have learned during your PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) one more time!
Section 1 – Written Exams
- Dive theory Exams – Physics, Physiology, RDP, Equipment, Skills & Environment (12 questions each area).
- PADI System, Standards and Procedure – open book, you can use your PADI Instructor manual and Instructor Candidate Workbook (50 questions)
Section 2 – Knowledge Development presentation
- Prepare and present one prescriptive teaching presentation in a classroom environment from an assigned question.
Section 3 – Confined Water Presentation
- Teach one skill assigned by the Examiner/
- Demonstrate 5 skills from Open Water Diver course chosen by the Examiner
Section 4 – Open Water Presentation
- Conduct two skills integrated. (Usually one skill from Open Water Diver course and one skill either from Adventure in Diving or Rescue Diver course).
- Demonstrate rescue skill exercise number 7 (Unresponsive diver at the surface) using either mouth to mouth or mouth to pocket mask.
Your general diving skills, attitude and professionalism as a dive professional will also be observed during the entire IE program.
But you really have nothing to worry about…
Based on our candidates previous successes and the training methods we embrace; you will have no problem in being successful in your PADI Instructor Examinations (IE).
GoPro Asia’s IE pass guarantee.
Due to Jeff’s outstanding First IE pass rate, we proudly offer to all our PADI IDC Candidates our exclusive IE Pass Guarantee! In the unlikely event you are not successfull in your first IE, we will gladly pay for your next PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and PADI Instructor Examinations (IE)!
Please contact PADI Course Director Jeff Glenn for more information about your PADI Instructor Examinations on Koh Tao , Thailand.