PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)
Instructor Development Course. IDC
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) is the final step of the PADI instructor training process before you reach your goal of becoming a PADI instructor and get to call the ocean your ‘office’!
During our PADI Instructor Development Course in Koh Tao, Thailand, you’ll learn how to utilize and adapt the PADI system of diver education to best meet your student divers’ individual needs. You’ll learn professional methods and techniques for classroom, Confined Water and Open Water presentations using the latest PADI multi-media and training aids.
The Instructor Development Course is designed for PADI Divemasters (or those who have achieved any qualifying certification from another training organization) who would like to become certified as PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and be able to teach and conduct the entire range of PADI diver programs.
You can even arrive early to take full advantage of GoPro Asia’s unique IDC Prep, which is a free day 2 day program designed to refresh your theory and polish your in-water skills in readiness for your IDC.
GoPro Asia’s (IDC) is divided into 2 distinct components:
- Part 1 – The 5-day PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- Part 2 – The 6-day PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
Together, the two courses combine to encompass the entire IDC and both must be completed before recommended to attend the PADI Instructor Examination(IE) – Click to view information.
GOPRO ASIA Extras!!!
- Free O2 Provider Instructor course with Outlines
- Free lunch for the duration of the IDC
- Free Discover Tec
- Go Pro Asia T Shirt
- Free Go Pro Asia Backpack
- Use of basic dive gear throughout your IDC
- Unlimited diving before and after your IDC
- Opportunity to assist on PADI programs before your IDC
- A GUARANTEE you’ll have success at your instructor exam and we’ll pay for you to re-sit the IDC if you’re not ready
- A very personal approach to your dive education.
- Contact PADI Course Director Jeff Glenn for more information about your PADI Instructor development Course – IDC on Koh Tao, Thailand.
Go Pro Asia – Important Viewing
Click the images to view the following important documents:
- 2018 IDC Schedule
- IDC Info Booklet
- Certificate of recognition for excellence
The PADI Instructor Development Course is one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of your Life!
It is our aim at GoPro Asia to make you a very well rounded dive educator so to give you a head start for success when you start applying the learnt techniques from your IDC to your real life students.
We not only just focus on getting you thru your IE, but we offer extra teaching tips and techniques so you will have nothing but success as a future Dive Educator.
Remember, the IDC is a developmental training process, so a few hiccups are to be expected, but the extra time we offer on our 14 day IDC’s allows us more scope and opportunities to work with you so you can comfortably gain the knowledge, skill and teaching techniques to use the PADI system effectively.
GoPro Asia’s 100% IE passing rates confirm that the level of our IDC training is unsurpassed by any other IDC center on Koh Tao. GoPro Asia offers an unrivaled guarantee that you will Pass your Instructor Exam.
What you will do
During the course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and PADI Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- PADI Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and PADI Master Scuba Diver Program
- PADI Rescue Diver Course
- PADI Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
- How to Teach the RDP – Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete this training
You will demonstrate competence at
- performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
- During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part
GoPro Asia conducts their IDC’s at Bans Diving Resort, a PADI Career Development Center.
The CDC rating is given only to the 5 star IDC centers with the highest level of quality in professional diver training and the best track record for succeeding as an instructor.
Our CDC facility provides the highest level of scuba training, at one of the most amazing locations in the world, Koh Tao, Thailand.
We strive to not only succeed at the PADI exam, but also afterwards, by providing a true and complete dive career path and job placement opportunities.
We are proud to be associated with Bans Diving Resort, our CDC facility by choice. A centre that regularly receives the most outstanding reviews and numerous awards from PADI for our instructor development.
Bans Diving Resort is committed to provide you the very best professional diver education possible in Thailand and Asia Pacific and at the best possible price.
- Be at least 18 years old
- PADI Divemaster or leadership-level certification with a recognized training organization
- Have been a certified scuba diver for at least 6 months
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives*
- Have Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- EFR Primary & Secondary Care course completion (or training for first aid & CPR) within the last 2 years
*As a PADI Career Development Centre, candidates completing the PADI IDC with Bans Diving Resort are permitted to enter the IE with less than 100 logged dives. PADI will process teaching status once the 100th dive has been logged.
All IDC candidates must have, in their possession, a personal, current set of the following materials for study and use during the course and for reference afterward:
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI’s “Guide to Teaching”
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual, or these specialty course instructor guides: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner – RDP Table and e-RDPML, including Instructions for Use booklets
- How to Use and Choose Dive Computers book
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams booklet
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams booklet
- Aquatic Cue Cards for Open Water, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver, Divemaster and Discover Scuba Diving
- Confined & Open Water Lesson Preparation slate
- The Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
Additional Fees ontop of course booking below:
These are payable ontop of the course fee.
Payable on arrival
Instructor Crew Pack* – 17,000 baht
Paid directly via credit card to PADI
Instructor Application – $238 AUD
Instructor Enrollment Fee – $825 AUD
* IDC Crew Pack includes
- PADI’s “Guide to Teaching”
- PADI Specialties Instructor Manual on CD Rom
- Confined and Open Water Presentation Slates
- Confined and Open Water Aquatic cue cards
- Rescue Diver Instructor Cue Cards
- Advanced Open Water Cue Cards
- Open Water Diver Quizzes + Exams.
- Rescue Diver Final Exam booklet
- Divemaster Final Exam booklet
- Positive Approach Selling DVD
- Children & Scuba Diving DVD
- Buisness of Diving/Best of the UJ DVD
- Law & the Diving Professional book